In addition to confidential counseling services, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers financial, legal and work/life services:
Certified financial advisors are available to assist you and your family members with savings strategies, debt reduction, and other financial challenges. A 30-minute consultation with a certified financial advisor is available at no charge.
Attorneys are available to assist with divorce, child custody, wills, probate, bankruptcy, and other legal concerns. A 30-minute consultation is available to you and your family members at no charge. In addition, if you need legal representation beyond the 30-minute consultation and you decide to hire the attorney, you will receive a 25% discount from the usual fee.
Work/Life Program Resources
Work/life resources are available to assist with childcare, adult care, adoption and other matters. For more information about the EAP's work/life resources, call 1-888-445-4436. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
PG&E understands how challenging it can be when you are responsible for the care of an adult loved one. Your EAP and Work/Life Program can:
- Locate adult care experts in your area
- Help you find someone to assess your loved one’s needs
- Locate community services
- Provide information on choosing a long-term care facility or nursing home
- Find a local caregiver support group
- Help you figure out how to manage financial issues and paying for care
- Guide you in finding state and federal benefits your loved one is eligible for
- Provide information on estate planning
- Advise and support you in discussing difficult topics such as living wills and end-of-life care
- Provide support, carry out research, and send referrals to meet all your caregiving needs
Parenting and Child Care
Parenting is both rewarding and challenging. Whether you’re a first-time mom or dad, or you already know the joys of parenthood, your EAP and Work/Life Program can:
- Help you understand the birth process
- Discuss ways to support your partner after the baby is born
- Assist you during an adoption process
- Help you plan for returning to work
- Locate parent support groups and sibling resources
- Suggest age-appropriate activities for you and your child, including help locating summer camps
- Find father-friendly play groups
- Suggest ways to become involved in your child’s education
- Discuss ways to talk about difficult topics with teens
- Connect you to your EAP for counseling and family support
- Find day care options in your neighborhood
Autism ABA Benefits
Watching a young child grow can be a fun and exciting experience. However, concerns about developmental delays can sometimes lead parents to worry about autism-spectrum disorders. When autism-related disorders are suspected, early diagnosis and intervention can have a positive impact on the child and the family. To help, PG&E offers an Autism and Related Disorders benefit program. Click here to learn more.